Friday, March 27, 2009

*Mah-Tay*

Hola! :)
For those of you who have been to Bolivia you are sure to know what Mate is! Mate (pronounced Mah-Tay) is the national drink of Bolivia (also Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, and Chile). It´s a tea-like beverage derived from Yerba Mate tree leaves. Drinking it is HUGE here...a big part of the culture. You always drink it with friends...while sharing your soul (that´s what they say here :) I wish I had some pictures of us actually drinking it but I don't...so here are some pictures from Google so you can see what it looks like. :)


Monday & Wednesday night Guido, Maci, Uba, Beto, Angela, Lideo, Maria Angela, Pepe, and I all stayed up till about midnight talking, telling jokes, singing, playing the guitar and of course drinking mate! Fun times!!
We also drank coca cola con leche. *yellow cups*


Beto

Ruth Abigail :)

It's been raining here a lot lately. It came late this year...it's officially fall here and it normally doesn't rain this much during this time of year but no one is complaining...the crops need it. Hopefully the roads won't be too bad because we are going to the country this weekend. We're leaving in an hour for San Josecito and Las Abras. Should be back Monday, but who knows after last trip! Sure to be an eventful weekend! :)

Hanging out in my room... Wow, I'm going to miss him.

Two weeks today and I'm back to my "home by the sea" :) That's where they say I live. I like it.
Love, Julia

4 comments:

Janelle Morrison said...

Coca Cola con leche?! I totally grew up on "soda and milk"!!!

Aw, Jules, enjoy your last two weeks there. Savor every moment of it!!!

Lydia said...

Asterisks are evil. Haven't you ever seen Bright House Networks commercials?

Jencks said...

You're wearing your Sweater in that last picture!!! I'm so glad you like it! :)

Lindsay J. said...

miss you jules :(

Musica


My Blog List