Monday, March 16, 2009

checkin in :)

**Hola!** I only have a minute but wanted to check in real quick...

I'm loving being here! I have had so much JOY lately. Thanks for all your prayers! This last week I've been super busy with English classes, watching kids, studying Spanish, cooking, and church meetings. Angela and I have also been putting some stuff together for the Mission:X medical team coming this summer. They really want to educate the people as well as provide medical care, so we are putting together some presentations and brochures on different diseases and also on drinking water, hygiene, and getting the right vitamins and nutrients from foods.

Angela and I went to Tarija on Friday. We got on the bus at 3am Friday morning and got into Tarija around 7am. We had some hot chocolate and bread at a little cafe in the freezing cold! It was so fun and I could def do that every morning!! We made some copies, stopped at the bank, met up with Loraina and had lunch. We also stopped at the immigration office to ask about my visa days. I am coming back here in July with Mission:X for two weeks (I'm so excited!!!!) so we had to make sure that I would be able to get back in. You're only allowed 90 days a year and this trip is 85 days leaving only 5 left. I was going to change my ticket which costs $200 and come back a week earlier this trip so I would have enough but we found out I didn't need to! They are going to charge me 7 bolivianos a day for the amount of days I'm over so it will only be about $7 in fees when I leave. Praise God! So I'm still coming back April 10th... :( and :)

We had worship rehearsal last night and it was amazing! I love learning songs in Spanish...

I just found out Dave Harvey is coming to Metro Life on May 3rd . I´m soo excited! He came to Metro in October and gave a message called "The Audacious Claim of the Unstoppable Gospel." It was a life changing message for me! If you have some time, I really encourage you to listen to it! He came during the time I was struggling with the decision on whether to come here. The Lord really spoke to me during the message, it was so clear that I was to GO! I listened to that message probably 10 other times in the months leading up to leaving. If you don't come to Metro, you should come visit! The service starts at 10am and it's off of Winter Park Dr. and Red Bug in Casselberry.

A couple prayer requests por favor! :)

1) There is a girl who works in one of the little stores here. I go in there a couple times a week to get things and each time I've been able to talk with her for a little bit... She's pretty snotty to a lot of people but she's always been nice to me and I really have a burden on my heart for her. I really want to share the gospel with her before I leave so please pray that I will have the chance! I know I will have the chance, so actually pray I will not be nervous and that she understands my Spanish. :) I don´t know her name (first step I should figure that out I guess, hehe) but if you could pray for her this week and whenever you remember to. Pray that the Lord would begin to soften her heart so when the gospel is shared she will receive it!

Also...

2) Please please pray for the youth of Entre Rios!! I'm not sure what I should write on here, so until I find out please just pray for them...whatever comes to mind! There have been some things involving witchcraft with some of them. Thanks so much!!!!!

Last night I hung out with 5 of the girls in the youth group. It was so fun and despite the language barrier we had a blast! Here are a couple pics. The internet is really slow right now so only two...
Taking the kids to the park...ok bye!

Love,
Julia

1 comment:

Virginia Knowles said...

Julia, you are such a blessing to your mother's heart! I love you dearly and can't wait to see you!

Love
Mom

Musica


My Blog List