Monday, February 16, 2009

*lemons & lemonade:::trial & triumph*




So you´ve heard the saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...well it totally works! Since we have been gone so much lately, the last couple days and the next couple days we are laying low and not traveling. Even though it´s nice to rest, it´s very easy to become homesick when you aren´t doing too much. Today has been a homesick day :) So I decided to go to the market and buy lemons and make lemonade. In my case, because of the bad water, I had to boil it before making it. You might not feel like you have what you need to turn deafeat into victory. Some of you may have no sugar. Others might not have a juicer. It´s hard to find the good in trying circumstances. But we don´t and can´t do it on our own. Remembering these verses has helped me....
Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
James 1:2-6 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
Phillipians 4:11 "...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."
...if you are having a bad day, make some lemonade... You´ll feel better, I promise. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said.

Jake

Musica


My Blog List