Monday, February 23, 2009

"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness" Spurgeon

Hey everyone! It´s been a couple days...and I MISS YOU! :) I now have three English classes which are keeping me busy -- two classes a day Monday-Friday and three classes on Monday and Thursday. I love walking through town and having people say "Hi, teacher!" I went to "worship team rehearsal" last night :) It was a lot of fun. This week I'm going to practice "Open the eyes of my heart Lord, Open the eyes of my heart I want to see You" and "Come, now is the time to worship...." for next Sunday! It's kinda become a regular practice at night after church meetings for Angela, Lideo, and I go to into Guido´s and Maci´s room and make cookies or bread and watch a movie. They put English subtitles on for me. We watched some Christy last night. :) Not quite the same when they have Spanish voices but it was still great. On Sunday, there is Sunday school for the kids at 9 & 10:30am. The regular church service isn't until 4pm. Here are some pictures from the last couple days...


I LOVE this picture! Abby & Joas with their grandma :)

goofing off in Sunday School

Aleida, Nana, & Juanai´s mom holding Matias, the cutest little boy ever


Guido and Saphie walking back to the mission.
Isn't Guido and Maci´s stroller so cute! I can't get over it...lol.

It rained really hard last night so it´s nice and cold today. Because of the rain, all the bugs decided to come into my room so last night I killed 5 spiders (5!!!!!!!!) before I went to bed. And I slept with the light on...somehow I think that makes them go away.

Tomorrow the whole church is going to Naranjos for the day, kinda like a church picnic... It's about 20 minutes away by car. We're meeting at the church building at 7am and are going to walk there. The church here in Entre Rios kinda partners with the church there since it's so close. Sometimes their whole church comes to our service and they come to our worship team rehearsal. Their pastor preached here yesterday. We'll probably swim in the river, play basketball and soccer, make food...and walk back sometime after dinner. Should be fun!

It's been great hearing from all of you!

Love, Julia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally , you posted a picture of yourself. Glad you took S.J. advice. Loved talking to ya Sunday !!!and hi angela;)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about and sending good vibes to you and your family. What a wonderful thing you're doing.

Musica


My Blog List