Wednesday, January 21, 2009

*Kids Camp*

Hola from Entre Rios,
It's been a long week. This has been the biggest kids camp yet! All the kids from all the villages were able to come even though the road from Tarija fell because of the rain. The last several days have consisted of getting up at 6:15 and going down to the basketball court. All the kids get there at 6:30 and we have half an hour of excersize. The goal is to tire them out... They have so much energy! We then eat breakfast, have worship time, a teaching, a snack, another teaching, lunch, workshops, games outside, dinner, family time and bed at 10:30pm.
At the start of the camp all the kids were split into families. Families do everything together. We have 20 kids in our family, 10 girls and 10 boys. Each family will present a drama on Thursday to end the camp. Ours is about the Parable of the Sower found in Matthew 13. I made construction paper "costumes" for the kids. We have flowers, plants, thorns, birds, and the sower. The kids seem to be having a blast.
To be honest, living this trip to the fullest is a lot harder than I thought. I have had to fight for joy. Please pray for me! I miss you all a lot! Until next time...
Chao!
Julia

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Julia, we are praying for you.. Thank you for giving us a specific need to be praying for... I will be praying that God will give you much JOY! I'm sure it's much different being there alone, but remember you are right where God wants you and He is pleased with your sacrifice. continue to cry out to Him, He is faithful. love you lot's...

Lydia said...

Chao is Italian you know.

and by the way alot of people here are praying for you. =)

Julia said...

Noelle, thanks so much! Very encouraging. Love ya and miss ya.

Lydia, they don´t say adios here. To say bye they say chao. or maybe it´s chow or ciao. I don´t know :) Miss you lots girlie. :)

Lydia said...

I stand corrected. =D

Lynette said...

Psalm 4:7
You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song

Psalm 51:12
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Just a few verses to help you!!! ;-)

Musica


My Blog List