Monday, January 19, 2009

Julia's in Bolivia!

Hey friends,

This is Virginia, Julia's mom. She called yesterday and sounded great! For some reason she couldn't log on to this blog from the Internet cafe, so she e-mailed me the following update just a little bit ago.

I also put a post on my own blog about her trip, which you can find here: To Bolivia With Love. It has some pictures from her last trip and a poem that I wrote for her the day she left.

Thanks for praying for her!

Here's Julia!

~~~

I miss you guys! I´m safe in Entre Rios. It was a very long ride from Santa Cruz. We got in around midnight on Saturday. I had a one year old on my lap most of the time. :). He didn’t exactly smell like a fresh baby but after a while I got over it.

The kids’ camp starts today and goes till Thursday. The major road from Tarija fell because of the rain so the kids from three villages will not be able to get here today. We don’t know if they will come at all. I´m in charge of P.E. at 6:30 in the morning (lol) and I´m a "mommy" for one of the families of kids. I´m also in charge of getting the kids ready and putting them to bed at night. It should be a busy full week! Please pray that we don’t become tired and pray that a lot of kids will be able to come even with the road down.

I´m picking up lots of Spanish! I can´t believe I am here for three months. It seems so long. Hopefully once I get more in the rhythm of things it will go by faster. It´s a big culture shock being here alone without a team. E-mail is much cheaper than the phone so I will be e-mailing you all most of the time. I hope you all are doing well.

Well, 21 kids from La Vilca just arrived at the mission. The two cooks from one of the villages aren’t able to come because of the road, so Angela and I are going to cook for all the kids. I’m going to be a pro at peeling and dicing potatoes and onions. :)

OK, I’m heading back to the mission. I miss you all and thanks for the prayers.

Julia

1 comment:

Colleen Moore said...

How kind of God to throw you right into the mix! lol No time for getting nervous, you have too much to do! HE IS SO GOOD!

It just struck me...all the years you have been helping to care for more and more siblings...all preparation for THIS trip! HE has always planned for you to be there right now...with each child who is there...How cool is that????

Thanks for the update! Still praying for you!

Musica


My Blog List