Friday, January 16, 2009

Here we GO!

*Well, I'm off today to Entre Rios Bolivia for 3 months! I fly out of Miami tonight and arrive in Santa Cruz Bolivia tomorrow morning around 9am. Then comes the 10 hour bus ride to Entre Rios, the place I will call home for the next several months. I am SO so so excited. I cannot wait to see everyone at the mission and hold the kids. :) I cannot wait to get off the plane...the feeling is indescribable. The smell, the people, the mountains, everything.

I'm not much of a blogger or writer for that matter, but I'm going to try and update every now and then letting y'all know what I'm doing and I'm sure there will be lots of prayer requests. :) I'm going to try and post some pictures too.

I just want to say thank you to all of you who have prayed with me, come up to me with encouraging words, donated stuff for the garage sale, slipped money into my hand, cried with me, and listened for hours/days/months of me talking about this trip, writing me letters to take ;)... YOU ALL ARE A BLESSING and I thank God for you SO MUCH!

Here are some prayer requests:

*Travel Safety*

Pray everything will go smoothly (flights, luggage, customs, VISA, ride to Entre Rios)

*Kids Camp*

This is an annual camp held at the Mission in Entre Rios where all the kids come from all the little villages and stay at the mission for a week of games, crafts, Bible school, etc. This starts Monday the 19th. Pretty much a dream. 100+ Bolivian kids staying at the mission. :) :) Pray for safety of the kids coming to Entre Rios. I lot of them hike by themselves. Pray that this week I would not get sick, have lots of energy, and pick up Spanish!!*

Well, I don't know what I'm getting into, but my intent is to live it to the fullest! I want to live like them for these 3 months. I don't want try and live in comfort there, I want to be open to what the Lord wants me to step out and do. It's ok if I have dirt on my jeans, no make up on, interesting food to eat, bug bites, etc ;) One of my favorite quotes is by Jim Elliot...
"Wherever you go, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."

Here we go...;)

Love,
Julia

P.S. I would love to hear from you! juliagraceknowles@gmail.com

3 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

I'm praying for you Julia! =D Hug a few kids for me, would you? lol

Can't wait to hear/see what the Lord has for you in Bolivia!

Love in Christ,
Colleen

Lydia said...

that's my missionary sister!! =D

Lynette said...

LOve you Julia! Go... spread the Gospel... may God be glorified! I am praying God uses you in a way you would NEVER imagine!!! I'll be checking in for updates! ;-)

Musica


My Blog List